Tuesday, May 29, 2007

why this blog... ?

This blog is dedicated to Ranzie Mensah, an amazing classical vocal singer.
I happen to have seen her in concert when I was living with my parents in Ivory Coast I think it must have been around 1985 and since then her voice has haunted me.
My parents had bought me a LP 12inch disc record and we had to queue to get her autograph, it's only later that I must have discovered that she was my first Diva ;-)

Anyway, my parents and I always wondered what happened to her since she stopped touring in West-Africa a few years later, and now with the Internet I just thought of searching for her news, and decided to collate what I found here. And surprise : I have the great pleasure to see that she is still touring, read this page to see where and when.
NicoFars aka FraNcois, french posting from London, UK.

No comments: